Todd Beamer Speech & Debate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Todd Beamer Speech & Debate

Todd Beamer Speech and Debate forums, for debate and peer reviews of speech's

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Pink_Floyd-Brain_Damage_The_Dark_Side_Of_The_Moon_1973.mp3
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 am by baldev

» Thomas_Schumacher_ft_Caitlin_Devlin-Every_Little_Piece_Hot_Since_82_Remix.mp3
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 12:37 am by baldev

» Argo.2012.iTALiAN.AC3.BRRip.XviD-T4P3
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:46 pm by baldev

» Sunrisers Ipl Telugu Song Padha Padha
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 7:19 pm by baldev

» David And Steve Gordon-Letting Go Of The Day Mp3
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 6:26 pm by baldev

» Avengers Mp4 Icyupload
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 5:20 pm by baldev

» 120 PSD Templates DVD Box And Covers
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 3:58 pm by baldev

» AutoCAD 2010 32 Bit
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 3:58 pm by baldev

» AutoCAD 2010 32 Bit
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 3:56 pm by baldev

Top posters
baldev
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Vote_lcapIs the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Voting_barIs the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Vote_rcap 
Admin
Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Vote_lcapIs the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Voting_barIs the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Vote_rcap 
David O.
Cuchulainn
zbussmeir
DavidTri
Starfisher
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 132 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:18 am
Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is accetal

Our users have posted a total of 320 messages in 180 subjects
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cuchulainn

Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad?   Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:45 pm

what is your opinion on the death penalty?
Back to top Go down
David O.

PostSubject: Re: Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad?   Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:21 pm

You know, I at one point I said yes I believe in the death penalty but I'm not so sure. Whether it be for religious reasons or self made opinions or wherever the Ideals came from I'm not sure.

I ask is it right to kill someone? I do believe it's not a sin to kill in war but that's because God's had the Israelites do so all the time. Not everyone believes in God though so maybe the answer is Justice should be be blind and decide these things for us but its man that makes that decision and no man can truly clear opinion or ideals and be just a man of justice.

I by no means would believe in a death penalty unless the criminal was a murderer but from there I don't know. I do however believe in a death penalty if it is the only way to instill in people in a government that severe laws can't be broken though I mean unless you promise to punish people when they break a law how will they stop unless we can make the punishment out weigh the crime?

So I have to say I don't know. Would I kill someone if they killed my entire family? Probably so far that sake I'll say yes.

Yes I believe in the Death penalty I just need a good way of determing when a death penalty should be sentanced.
Back to top Go down
zbussmeir
Admin

PostSubject: is the death penalty a good system or bad?   Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 pm

I can see where you are comming from and i beleive that from a religious stand point penalties are needed and god even made severe punishments for his chosen people for example when they escaped from egypt and whent to mount zion they made a gold cow and worshiped it so god ground the cow into duts and put it into their drinking water and made them drink it.
but from a non-religious stand point the law needs to be followed and any one who gets life in prision should be put through the death penalty because what is the differance between killing some one and taking their freedom and their life away? the difference is that dead bodies don't take up space in the prisions and keeping people in prision allows more people to get out of jail based on technicalities on how many people can occupy a prision. that is one of the main reasons trials get put on hold for so long just trying to make space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad?   Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Death Penalty a good system or a bad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Todd Beamer Speech & Debate :: Topics for heated Discussion/Debate :: Politics :: Economics-
Jump to: